Thursday, May 17, 2012

Outside Looking In


It's strange to me
How we are always looking up for guidance
Looking for the answers in someone else
Because we are too lazy to search for ourselves

It fascinates me
How we can throw it all behind us
The laughter, the love and the memories
The cost of a few discrepancies

Isn't it sad
How we go so mad
Over things we will never agree upon
Wouldn't it make more sense
To move past our flames
To stop pointing fingers 
And assigning blame

So long as man there will be war
That is probably true
But I don't see why it has to happen
Between me and you

I don't care what you think about this or that
I've got my own views as a matter of fact
And that is the way it's supposed to be
I'll like you for you, you like me for me.

Conflict is so easy to come by
And often hard to stop
But if we put our pride aside
You'll see a friendship can fly

No comments:

Post a Comment